Vision - We envisage a world where
- All people can experience the transformative power of fine art.
- Art and ideas circulate vigorously and freely.
- Artists play a leading role in civic affairs and global dialogue.
- People of all cultures interact and affirm themselves through the arts.
- And public and private sectors alike support the performing arts as a priority.
Atelier Chennai is a membership organization, dedicated to bringing artists and printmakers from around the globe to a place where they can convene, cogitate and collaborate. The organization achieves its goal by providing visionary thinking, professional development, resource sharing, and advocacy, in support of its members and all those who create and disseminate art and printmaking.
Fine arts are essential. Art is a universal form of human communication, a fundamental component of free expression. The interaction between artist and audience is basic to civic life, crucial to the economic well-being of communities, indispensable to the mind and spirit.
Fine arts unite all people. For fine arts to flourish, we must have diversity and inclusiveness: in our membership, our presentations, our audiences. By embracing all human experience-and bridging differences among individuals, communities, and cultures-we strengthen both art and society.
Fine arts inspire leadership. Each of our members can and should play an active role in the arts world and in its home community. By accepting the responsibility to lead, exercising their own creativity, our members advance both themselves and their partners: presenters, artists, producers, agents, managers, funders, and audiences.